Earth Day is an annual event scheduled for April 22 to show support for environmental protection. First held on April 22, 1970, it today encompasses a wide range of events coordinated globally by EarthDay.org, reaching more than one billion people in more than 193 countries. The official theme for 2022 is Investing in our planet.
Earth Day - Think of different ways to honor and celebrate our planet, whether it's planning an outdoor hike, removing trash or using greener products. Here are ten helpful ideas!
1. Support our pollinators!
2. Clean up plastic from your neighborhood or local parks
3. Swap your kitchen and home products!
4. Plant a tree!
5. Use wildflowers and native plants
6. Reduce, reuse, recycle in the garden
7. Stop using pesticides and chemicals in the garden
8. Save water!
9. Think about your diet!
10. Get the kids involved!